CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Sunday 27 February 2011

Cocos (Keeling) Islands !


East part of the World is for some reason difficult to work from my location. Just few times herad VK and ZL. JA is also rare , all Far East. And today I was waiting about 1 hour for Cocos (Keeling) Islands to hear on 12m. Signal was building from 0 to workable. And is in my log now :) Wide split up 4.3 but worked. New country for me on HF. Cocos (Keeling) I have confirmed on 11m years ago. Nice one anyway! (12m CW) VK9C/G6AY

I`ve visited their website and they say: "..... VK9C/G6AY will be active on CW only......" This is also main reason why I had to learn CW. I`m not expert now, still leraning but have a lot of fun working in CW!

P.s. Patience .... it`s important to wait for right moment .... just worked them again on 20m CW! When I had a plan to turn antenna to West I`ve decided try. They were active for so long on 14Mhz and I had no hope to work them with 100W ... but I did!  Almost 5PM local time no bad Folks! Thanks for great Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment