CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Thursday 28 May 2015

Another splendid night with IDT

5Z0L - Kenya by Italian DXpedition Team

Kenya is activated at the moment by Italian DXpedition Team. Experienced operators are doing great job. Kenya is not rare DXCC and I have confirmed 7 bands from 10M to 30M 
So focus on new bands and new modes.

Last night I had BIG pleasure to hunt for 5Z0L from EI0PL location.
When they arrived on Top Band they were on 1826 .... on my side ... no sign at all ... no even a bip ... I was thinking maybe condition is not great at the moment. But spot on DX-Cluster told me what is wrong .... they were on 1826.2 huge difference when signal is so small. This was good lesson for me.
I can`t say it was easy. It was hard to copy them. Little signal , no Africa beverage , receiving on transmitting antenna only. When I gave them a call I was able to get KC 5NN only ... it was enough for me ... sent 5NN TU for reply and that was it.
Few minutes after QSO was "confirmed" on live log update.

Kenya low bands sorted ...

To be honest shortly after my QSO their signal was much stronger but they had no takers and after several CQ CQ 5Z0L up 4 they QSYed to 80M ....
and here I can say ... it was easy ;) 80M QSO was in my log after first call.

5Z0L gave me 2 new bands and new mode (Digital) 
So big CIAO for ITD and I am looking after to chase you from another AF DXCC soon.

P.S. Last time I had great fun when they were active from Dem. Rep. of Congo

No comments:

Post a Comment