CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Friday 24 June 2011

First Jamaica and St Helena on 14Mhz


Rainer DL2AAZ is operating now from Jamaica as 6Y2X. For me it will be new DXCC on HF as I don`t have 2-way QSO with this country. Few weeks ago I was trying to make a QSO with 6Y5WJ but no luck , he got my call and report but I didn`t get my raport back. When I was trying ZD7XF for new DXCC on 20m  I`ve decided to try Jamaica in SSB and I`ve turn my antenna to Caribbean ... I had turn my antenna via north. Just two calls and 6Y2X logged! Went back to Nigel`s frequency and gave him a call when my antenna was turning back from Caribbean direction into St Helena ... when antenna was pointed around North Pole he pick-up my call !!! Repeated few times as antenna was turning into his position on Atlantic Ocean ..... and finally got me RR EI9KC 599 , UFF Thank you for patience Nigel. Great CW operator!

No comments:

Post a Comment