CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Saturday 28 December 2013

Stormy December

Storm over British Isles 26 December 2013

Last few days wind was horrible! Last two weeks Ireland was battered by very strong winds. My antennas are OK. But yesterday noticed some problems when tried to work A63RI IOTA DX-Pedition from AS-124. SWR on my 2ele Delta was very high. Also something wrong was with my rotator. After investigation found problem. Antenna coax was damaged by the wind also rotator cable had similar problem. Cables were touching my shed`s roof. Metal pieces on the roof did that damage.
Damaged coax and rotator cable.

Had enough cable to make them bit shorter without replacing them but looks like my antenna coax need to be replaced soon. Noticed some water inside.




1 comment:

  1. It's good that you had some extra to make the connection......as all things do over time they wear out.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete