CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Thursday 23 January 2014

Low Band DX-ing


Did not play much attention to low bands recently .... Last night Michal EI3KG told me about good condition on Top Band which is most difficult for me. Good signal was spotted from Thailand on 160M.
HS0ZEE Don was calling CQ, he was very strong but unfortunately one way .....

I didn`t know yet that tonight I will work 3 New Ones on Top Band ....

1) HS0ZKX - Peter was calling CQ - he was very strong 559 in peak on my dipole. One call from my side!
Done! Almost 10.000km! So far longest distance on Top Band! Fantastic New One managed on simply dipole without any beverages ....

2) 4K6FO - Alim - Great Operator from Azerbaijan , gave me last missing slot from this country. Great QSO and big signal. Rapid LoTW / eQSL!



3) PT7BXB - Fred (PY2XB) - Great operator , one of the Team Members of many DX-Pedition including PT0S! Fred was calling on some frequency CQ, great signal but he did not copy me .... I had a chance to ask Peter to QSY for another QRG to try. He asked me to find clear frequency , bands are busy now because CQ-WW-160 is on this weekend .... anyway .... clear QRG was found. I asked Fred to QSY and he asked me to call him .... when finished my call .... Fred gave me reply! EI9KC 449! Great QSO! Third new one on TB and first South America on 160M! Instant LoTW QSL! Many thanks Fred!

Night to remember ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment