CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Sunday 27 November 2011

CQ WW CW 2011

Another CQWW CW contest for EI9KC. This time I had a big pleasure to work on 80m high power assisted category. I wasn`t sure on the beginning which category to choose but finally I`ve decided to be on 80m band only. And it was worth it! I like to concentrate on one band. Last year I was on 40m only. This year 80m. My number of worked countries on 80m is still very low and few days before contest I was on 80m for most of my radio time and I had some recognition what to expect on 80m! In just two nights before contest I`ve worked 19 new DXCC on that band. When contest started my count on 80m was 67 DXCC worked. 
I was active just two night ... Saturday 0:00 UTC and Sunday 0:00 UTC for 4 hours each night. Around 10 hours in total of my activity. And I`m very happy with my results:

259 QSOs
76 DXCC
15 CQ ZONES
It means I`ve worked 9 more countries during contest than in 16 months hihi :) I`m glad to see in my log real DX on 80m like: Brasil , Oman , Mongolia , Cuba , Barbados , Antigua & Barbuda , Martinique , Montserat , Bermuda , Virgin Island , Jamaica , Aruba , St Lucia , Tajikistan , Colombia , Bahamas , The Gambia. My dipole did a good job! It is interesting band but need good antenna system and power as well. 
One of great fun for me was .... calling CQ during contest! I had some mistakes when QRM were big or my paddle wasn`t working like it should be. Ok I wasn`t fast .... 19 WPM was my speed and I appreciate stations who gave me their call-sign in similar speed. Sorry for some mistakes Folks! One of the big mistake was to reply station from OM who I`ve looged first like GM because of massive QRM. It was a time when my station was spotted on the cluster. Anyway ... I like it! CQWWCW on 80m this year gave me 12 new countries on this band. 

No comments:

Post a Comment