CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Tuesday 15 May 2012

7O6T QRT


This a a video of last few minutes operation on 20m SSB 7O6T from Socotra Island AF-028 Yemen. Great DX Pedition from this rare DXCC entity. 7O6T went QRT at 21:00 UTC on 15 May 2012.
Few days ago I had a situation on Top Band when their signal was fantastic 599 solid! . It was around 1:00 UTC (2:00 in the morning local time) when I SWL` them on 1824.5. I`ve decided to give them a call. And ... I`ve got reply from them on TOP BAND ... but SRI EI9KC 7O6T is calling NA NW ... UFF !!!  it was something for me. Did not manage 2-WAY QSO No much pile-up was in that moment from Nort Amercia I was trying few more times but they didn`t take my station again ... When they called EU on 160m I had no signal from Yemen at all. Nothing. That short opening - about 30minutes - on their sun rise there in Yemen when they called NA I was able to copy them. Unfortunately NA ONLY. Well this is good lesson for a future how exiting is DXing on Low Bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment