CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Sunday 25 November 2012

New country in the log while CQWW CW Contesting!

Easy and real pleasure contesting here on all bands during CQWW CW 2012. Not for result in the contest here but usual chasing some new DXCC on contest bands. Main focus was pointed into Lord Howe Island! As two operators from Finland OH1VR and OH3JR are active from VK9-L as VK9/OH1VR and VK9/OH3JR - they also participated in CQWW Contest with their contest call-sign. Last friday signal on 17mCW was great here but for some reason operator went QRX and did not came back. I was trying on Saturday to reach them on 15m but signal was not readable here. Henri OH3JR was active as VK9/OH3X and I was only able to read last part of his call-sign dah-di-di-dah. I new it he was there as I was monitoring his frequency a lot of time and spots on the clusters as well. No luck on Saturday. Sunday was much better! Few minutes before 9:00 AM here Lord Howe Island logged here! Did via S/P but when turned antenna for L/P signal was much stronger. It was hard. I had to repeat my call few times! Thanks God I had no pile-up with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment