CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Thursday 11 April 2013

Kingdom of Tonga


Jacek SP5EAQ is currently active as A3EAQ from Kingdom of Tonga ... deep in the Pacific Ocean. SSB only. I had QSO with him last weekend during SP-DX Contest on 20m. Today logged him second time .... 21Mhz! New DXCC on this band. Was not easy. To be honest DXing in SSB is hard when signal is small. Much easier on CW. Morse code is doing great job when SSB has no or little chances. That is way I am operating CW most of the time now. I am DX chaser and if I want to work DX , much easier is to do it on CW!. Sometimes we have no choice. SSB only operation means .... microphone will be needed. Microphone on my radio is not connected .... every time when I need to call DX on Phone I need to connect mike .... This time it was worth it! QSO in my mother tongue , makes it bit easier. Tonga on 15m sorted! Thanks Jacek , great operation! Thanks also (I did not ask) to visit my profile on QRZ.com and Tonga flag in my collection ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment