CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Thursday 13 February 2014

Chasing Amsterdam on low bands .....


Just few words about chasing FT5ZM Amsterdam Island on low bands .... To be honest I didn`t believed that it will be possible. First week not much attention from my side. I was concentrated to catch them on high bands first ATNO (at new one) ..... SWL`ed them few times on 80m but signal was very low and pile-up massive as usual. One night condition on 80m was great , but they went on Top Band ... just to be back on 3.5 at their sunrise for North America only. That situation happened for me few times. When they had best signal on 80m here .... NA only was called .... Finally managed QSO last Saturday on 80M. But next day when they uploaded log into Clublog .... my call was not there on 80M. I was 99% sure I`ve got 599 back but .... they logged me as EI2KC. I was on the phone with Tony EI2KC and he wasn`t at home that night , and he did not work them on 3.5Mhz ... So will see, maybe they will fix that entry in their log.
Last Sunday for example condition on Top Band was best ever I was SWL`ed them on 160M! Uff ... that was something. Adam EI5JQ managed QSO with them on TB as 2`nd station from EI. Next day I went to his QTH to give a try on inverted L on 160M .... no luck .... no condition .... I have no big experience on low bands, they can be fussy as well as high bands.

No comments:

Post a Comment