CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Thursday 27 February 2014

Nice surprice in JA pile-up


When condition is good on high bands ? When Japan is workable on 28Mhz in EI in the morning. Seen spots from Japan yesterday decided to give a try today. Great signals noticed. Several stations from Japan and Asiatic Russia logged this morning. I had great pile-up from Japanese station and had to managed simplex frequency as another EI station was nearby - Eric EI4KF was up1 from my QRG ... Did kind of split operation ... I was able worked stations up 0.20 and down 0.20 ... Great surprise showed-up in the pile-up .... ZL3JT Duncan gave me a call! It was first time when I worked ZL on 28Mhz CW and my first ZL on 10M from my QTH. I had only one QSO with New Zealand ZL4PLM worked from EI0PL contest station. Duncan send me an e-mail shortly after QSO with info that he was calling me via L/P :) I had my antenna pointed into Japan so it was S/P to New Zealand ... God only knows how this signal went across the Globe. I had to go QRT before 9:00 local time when heard last call on my frequency. It was another ZL station! ZL1BYG ... logged ... but signal was tiny ... Was not sure 100% about call-sign. And Duncan ZL3JT helped .... it was ZL1BYZ John .... Great QSOs!

No comments:

Post a Comment