CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Sunday 3 November 2013

DX of DX - Marion Island ZS8C


The Prince Edward islands are South African territory, but are considered a separate DXCC entity because of their distance from the mainland. The group consists of two islands, Prince Edward and Marion. As Prince Edward is uninhabited, Marion is the DXer’s only hope of a contact with this country ... [source] And ... EI9KC is more than happy to log ZS8C Carson as NEW DXCC !!! Managed to make 2-way QSO today on 28Mhz! DX of DX and my 296 DXCC worked on HAM bands. I was not sure 100% because on top of my station station with similar call-sign was calling him as well it was IT9KCD , sound similar and with very weak signal from Marion Island I was not sure. But when Italian station finished his QSO I gave Carson another call and he confirmed ... EI9KC you are in my log. Happy days! Thanks Carson! Many thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Marion Island Ark. I knew you were chasing this one as I was. We both worked him within a week!! Nice going. de EI2KC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice contact and it's true you never know until you give them a call.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete