CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Saturday 27 August 2011

New Zealand RUGBY on ..... dipole !!!

Today is a historic day as my longest QSO made from EI! ZL4RUGBY operated by Paul ZL4PW Special call sign to celebrate the playing in New Zealand of the 2011 Rugby World Cup is my first ZL worked on HF! (19084.3 km) the distance is! Worked on 20m CW. I`m very happy with this QSO. I`ve send an e-mail to Paul with thanks to pick-up my call and he send me fast reply :


Hi Ark,

Pleased to confirm you are in the log!

Worked you on the short path... other EU were on LP but a JA called me and I switched the beam 180 deg (SteppIR here so takes 3 seconds  to do) then heard you in there also... and MD0CCE as well...

Vy 73,

Paul


Short time after QSO I`ve realized I was using .... dipole antenna! My WimDom dipole antenna 79m meters long wire 160m to 6m. This is Great QSO to remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment