CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Sunday 13 January 2013

Afghanistan on 80m

This is video made shortly after my QSO with T6LG IIlian from Afghanistan. New DXCC on 80m! And 2`nd attempt to log his station on this band. First time, few weeks ago he was strong like today in my location and I was one-by-one with him on the frequency and ... he couldn`t read my signal. I didn`t know why until I read his note on his QRZ.com profile " (Here is the level of the noise (QRM): 80m-S9 plus 20db, ) " it was impossible to break that barrier! Now his local noise level is reduced to S2 ! Tonight I`ve went to his frequency and was listening for a while. I was looking at his spilt and his style of operating. FB operator he is! When pile-up was starting to be smaller EI9KC needed just one call to reach Afghanistan on 80m! It was pleasure QSO! I  knew where he was listening and I knew where he will be ... This is OLD SCHOOL of DXing ... Listen , listen before Call !

No comments:

Post a Comment