CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Friday 18 January 2013

Great surprise from Malawi!

Weather is disaster today. Windy , cold and wet. Multi-band antenna is down on the mast here and pointed to NA. I was calling CQ on 30m for few moments and had some QSOs. Few EU loogged today and 2 USA West-Coast. Not many California stations in my log on 10Mhz. Great signals by the way. Then decided to give try on 28Mhz ... no much there today. QSYed to 15m. My signal on Reverse Beacons much better. Great SNR in USA. 36dB - this is a lot , especially when my antenna is down at 3m above the ground and 100W here. CQ CQ de EI9KC and ... 7Q7BP is calling me! This is not usual situation. More likely people calling him ... Malawi in Africa ... no question to ask. And Joe (his home call is G3MRC) is calling me on 15Mhz ... my hand is shaking .... Completed 2-WAY QSO , I gave him 559 and he gave me 599. Uff ...  When we finished a few stations started calling him by the way on "my frequency". No reply noticed. I had one QSO with Joe in Malawi last year in February on 28Mhz. QSO confirmed on LoTW already. Many thanks 7Q7BP Joe for your CALL! QSO to remember! CU AGN de EI9KC, 73!

No comments:

Post a Comment