CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Clipperton ... sorted !

Last needed QSO with TX5K Clipperton Islands DX-Pedition 2013 done completed this morning!
8 bands - 2 emissions!
I am not slot hunter and what I have makes me more than happy!
TS-590S Kenwood , my back up radio did a great job! Tried anyway ;)
This is short story how it was to get Clipperton 9 times in my log:

30mCW - first day - challenge! Took 3h ! Massive signal! High speed CW
15mCW - one of the hardest - 3h hard battle
80mCW - their first night operation - managed through NA wall!
40mCW - was waiting for them on their QRG - quite easy ...
12mCW - took me 3 days to did it.
10mCW - G stations spotted on cluster - thanks! easy
17mCW - biggest challenge - 5h fight
20mCW lovely signal late in the evening - quite easy
40mSSB - Polish Op SP5XVY @ mike - QSO in my mother tongue ;) 

Great fun it was! And few bands sorted while they called EU ONLY! 
10/12/15/17/20
Massive signals on low bands 599 real on 80/40/30 I was amazed on 80m!
Did not expected them on 80m! Like Pitcairn Islands VP6T last year - Clipperton Island on 80m is DX to remember! 
Picture from http://ky6r.com/ Official Clipperton DX-Pedition Voice

Many thanks to Whole Team on Clipperton there for great thrill !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment