CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Monday 24 March 2014

Telegraph news ...


Quite busy with some other stuff and no much time on the radio but did some nice QSOs anyway.

1) FG/F6ITD Jean Pierre from Guadalupe - in my log as new one on 80m. Rapid QSL on LoTW for this and few QSOs. Guadalupe is not difficult to work from EI but to get QSL on LoTW is different story.

2) ZL7AAA - QSO with Chatham Island on 40M SSB! I still cannot believe but it is true :) Contact logged in the morning at full daylight here using dipole. My Wimdom dipole installed to hear and work OC and is doing great job. NA and Caribbean not bad too .... rest of the World .... hard , very hard ... ;)

3) VP2V/SP9FIH first contact with British Virgin Island on Phone ... 17M SSB

4) ZL7AAA - another Chatham Island QSO in my log .... Done on 20M SSB using CW spilt. SWL the same operator from ZL7 yesterday on 14Mhz and worked out his split ....

5) W1AW/5 - ARRL HQ station , managed two QSOs from New Mexico as new WAS on 40/80M

6) EA6NB - Jaime and .... New DXCC on 12M. I have list on my radio for needed workable countries on 24Mhz so far. Balearic Island was one of them .... Still hunting for Sweden ... :)

7) TX6G - British Invasion on Raivavae - Austral Island and great style of operation. It is pleasure to work and SWL them on the bands. So far .... low bands 160/80 very weak .... very.

8) Uzbekistan on LoTW! Hard one , many stations from this country on Air but .... try to get QSL! This is first story .... almost every single OM from Uzbekistan is using QSL Manger in Russia .... and they are not dealing with Bureau so much and electronic confirmations .... There is ONE station which I had luck to find who is using LoTW .... QSO in RTTY , 15M. I will try to ask him for SKED QSOs. Finger crossed.

9) Indonesia on 30/40 confirmed YB4IR/P Raharjo! Great Iota

10) FW5JJ - Jean-Jacques - from Wallis and Futuna Island. He is active on the bands but for me it is hard to catch him on bands where I need it. Last night bit of luck .... spotted his CQ on RBN Network. Signal very weak. Almost the same like noises on the band. Few stations from DL gave him a call with success ... Decided to try as well. After few attempts .... got my call replied 599! New DXCC on 17M, the only "thing" is JJ logged me as EA9KC .... for such weak signal that type mistake can happen. I hope he will fix that entry in his log.

No comments:

Post a Comment