CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Sunday 12 April 2015

ZL7E - Chatham once again ...

ZL7E on 30M this morning

Chatham Island worked on 40M and 30M! Great DX! Last Friday condition on 40M was spotless and signal on 7Mhz was amazing. It was their first 40M activity so pile-up was massive. Managed QSO after long battle .... Some spots from EU told us that signal was going from LP but I didn`t care on my dipole which way I`ve worked them. My wimdom dipole for low bands has good take off for Pacific area and I wasn`t worry about QSO on 40 .... Last year I had QSO with ZL7AAA as only EI logged on 7Mhz ... and it was SSB ...
OK 40M sorted what next ? 30M and 15M ... 30M was active when I was at work ... and 15M is always in the morning here when no much time to be stuck at the radio ...
Set my alarm clock at 5:45 AM ... Sunday morning ... checked DX cluster ... yes ZL7E is active on 30M! Off the bed ... radio on , set the frequency 10.116 ... NIL ... ? RBN in DL , SE , HA showing signal 26dB strong ... while in EI ... nothing ... not a whisper .., checked antenna , all ok.
Decided to wait , enjoyed cup of coffee  .... then signal started to appear ZL7E up .... happy days. I know what my Inv V for 30M can do with Pacific and it was only question to figure out split frequency to log Chatham Island on 30M. And I did it! EI9KC 5NN ... R5NNTU ...

Why present ZL7A activity is so important to me ? I have Chatham Island CFM by QSL Card on 6 bands with ZL7AAA including 10M. Answer is ... LoTW. There is no hope for LoTW upload by ZL7AAA. ZL7E marked it clearly ... "Internet access permitting logs will be up loaded to Clublog daily, and LOTW after initial log checking on our return to Auckland."

I have Chatham on LoTW on 2 bands 17 by ZL7/F8FUA and 10M by ZL7/OE2SNL so this time ZL7E will give me new on 12 (as new DXCC on 12M also!) / 20 / 30 / 40 .,,, Most likely I will miss 15M .... it will be for next time. Happy with all my QSOs with them anyway. Great Operators and pleasure to work them.

UPDATE: 15M in the log! RTTY .... considering Chatham sorted.

2 comments:

  1. WOW you sure did do your homework for the contact and then put in lots of effort as well. Congrats on the contact
    73 Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. luckily 15M also in the log .... Chatham sorted ... someday maybe 80/TB .... 73! and GL.
      Ark

      Delete