CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Thursday 6 December 2012

Chasing antipodes on the bands.

ZL9HR is still QRV ... two more days left ... and EI9KC is chasing them on the bands. Early in the morning today visited EI3KG/EI5JQ shack to give a try on 40m but they were not active there. Got them on 20mSSB and 15mCW instead. Went home shortly afterwards and got them on 17mSSB/CW. In the mean time they started to be active on 40m! Looks like permission to stay overnight on the Campbell Island is still valid and they were active all night (their night) on 40mCW! Great signals here in my QTH on dipole. But no luck. Happy enough with 2 new bands and new emission as well. More is less .... I should say. Windy condition in my QTH all day, weather outside was disaster and I was bit risky to stretch fully my mast to send my signal over the building to reach ZL9HR via L/P 243 degrees. I am very surprised with strong signals from ZL9! Did not expect to work them on 4 bands .... and to be honest on 40/30/20/17 they are workable here all day (our day)!

No comments:

Post a Comment