CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Friday 7 December 2012

UFF UFF UFF Antipodes on 40m with dipole !!!!

What a day! ZL9HR logged on 40m! SSB! Managed QSO with my dipole hanging on the tree! Yes this is what I said already ... my dipole likes to work Pacific area when needed and when only can hear signals. Yesterday ZL9HR operation on 7Mhz CW was very strong here but I did not manage it. Today wake up early in the morning to wait again for Antipodes on 40m. For some reason it was my target with current operation from Campbell Island.
Around 6:00 UTC they were active on 21MhzSSB. F5UKW was asking them to QRV on 40m for EU. When VK station spotted ZL9HR on 21MhzSSB F5UKW asked him on the cluster to give they a call that EU is waiting on 40mSSB for Campbell ..... and VK station passed message to them and .... for big surprise they QSYed to 7.185 for EU! Big mess on the frequency as their signal was massive. For some time there was "by numbers" operation. It was not easy. The trick was to listen what operator on the other side is saying. It was the hint how to work them! They make my day! Had no luck yesterday on 2 ele Yagi ... did it today with my dipole :))) Here is a video of very powerful antenna there on Campbell Island. 2 elements 40 moxon! Great performance! Many thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment