CW vs SSB (WKD)
316 x 305
Band slots (CFM) on Clublog x LoTW
2306 x 2226

Wednesday 16 April 2014

Practice on faster CW


This is my QSO with John WA6YEE from California in USA on 17M band using 75W. I am using now Begali Traveller Light iambic key and enjoying faster keying. Here on the video 28WMP from my side. Mistakes can happen but this is only way how to learn faster keying. By now almost 61% of my QSOs are in CW. 83% this year only ... Can read "easy" 35WPM and transmit 26-28WPM right now. Of course this is for short 2-ways QSO. If rag chewing is involved my CW is much slower ;)
Traveller Light from Begali is working very well. I need special rubber matt to hold key on the table otherwise is moving while keying. A big help while keying I`ve found from my interface. Device has WinKey controller and it is showing me letters while keying. I can see now how my letters sounds like. For example I was sending TU (thank you) in wrong way ... It was X not T U .... now thanks to small display I can see what went wrong ... Have fun with CW!

No comments:

Post a Comment